Here is a glimpse of what my nursery looks like right now. Beautiful, isn’t it? This is actually a huge improvement from what Clara’s nursery looked like when I was this far along with her! I started fixing up Clara’s nursery when I was 38 weeks pregnant and finished when I was 39 weeks. I’m determined to be more prepared this time around! There’s some things we need to do in the nursery before I start buying furniture and decorating. Holes need patched, the walls desperately need touch up painting, trim needs calking, the closet needs doors, etc. There’s a dresser in my garage that needs to be refinished for the new baby’s changing table. Every time I look into this room I start to feel anxious. This pregnancy has flown by. I’ll be 29 weeks when this post goes live. Wasn’t I just in the Safeway bathroom taking a pregnancy test? Like…yesterday? Crazy!
I’ve spent some time on Pinterest like all the other expecting mother’s in the world and finally came up with some ideas. I found this bedding on Etsy and instantly fell in love. I love the blues, pinks and floral theme. I’ve centered the nursery decor around my new crib bedding (which came in the mail last week-eek!) so I hope I can find the perfect accents to compliment that gorgeous pattern. I compiled a collage of ideas that have inspired me for this baby’s nursery and posted them below. I’ll also leave links to these products in case you are also expecting and happen to be interested in where I found some of these items!
- Navy Floral Print Crib Bedding– Agh!I love it!
- DaVinci Jenny Lind Convertible Crib– We also have this crib for Clara and I love it. It’s simple and affordable, which was really important to me since we now have to own two cribs.
- Changing Table– I debated whether I wanted to just buy a dresser from Ikea or if I wanted to spend the time and money refinishing a solid dresser. Solid won!
- Faux Sheepskin Area Rug– This looks so soft!
- Jenny Lund Chair– My sister has this chair and it’s so comfy. It’s made with a slipcover for easy cleaning (because you know my baby is going to spit up all over that white chair!)
- Flowered Letter– No, we don’t have a name yet and probably won’t until she is born so I’ll have to purchase this letter after she arrives.
- Old Rustic Window Pane– I love window panes!
I’m excited to get started on the nursery, especially after writing this post! Hoping to do a nursery reveal in the next few weeks! Which means I should go caulk baseboards I guess…..ugh, drag.